Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sweeny Todd: The Musical


So, last night I went and saw "Sweeny Todd: The Musical"...

and was highly impressed, well, and disgusted....


Oh the wonders of theatre! They somehow mananged to actually make blood spray out of someone's neck. Which, being on the stage for over 10 years, with the blocking of the characters, and with the way the whole scene is portrayed, I still can't figure out how they did it. I figured out most of the other blood bath scenes, but this one was over the top! Seriously, it was like going to SeaWorld, if you're in the front row, you better watch out, you might get splashed!

Which, I know sounds gross, but it seriously was amazing, and the actors made me speechless. Their Sweeny Todd and Mrs. Lovitz, were actually a husband and wife team, and you could tell that they had that type of relationship on stage. I have never been more impressed with a musical. Even if it is one that the topic is so...dark.


I got a picture with Sweeny Todd afterwards, which I'll have to upload....

it has his blade and everything in it....it rocks.


So, I'm thinking about auditioning for Music Theatre of Idaho this upcoming season. The shows are: Beauty and The Beast, Suessical: The Musical, Les Miserables, Tom Sawyer, The King and I, Sweet Charity, and Annie.


I'm familiar with most of those, some more than others.


Beauty and The Beast has always been my number one...and my dream role has always been Belle. Problem...I look SO bad in yellow.


Les Miserables is another favorite, and I've always liked Fantine or Eponine. Fantine because I LOVE her "I dreamed a dream" piece, and Eponine, because I know what it's like to be in love with your best friend and have him chase after every other girl, and never realize....it's the story of my life actually.


As for Suessical...any role would rock.


I'm not too fond of The King and I, I mean, how many good female roles are there? Anna?


Annie is about the same way, but I would love Mrs. Hannigan...I love energetic/evil roles. If I were ever cast in Sweeny Todd, Mrs. Lovitz would be my first choice...she is crazy.


I don't know anything about Sweet Charity, and know very little about Tom Sawyer...either way, it should be fun....and....it's all musicals, and I know I can sing...so, there's a plus. Although, I recently found out auditions are in 2 weeks....which isn't a lot of time, not to mention, I have a lot coming up in the next couple of months, so, I guess I'll just see what works and what doesn't.

No comments:

Music