Monday, February 2, 2009

Advice

I got some good advice today, and I figured I needed to write it down before I forgot it.
So...here it is:

I was talking to my friend Jamie, and we got on the topic of the man who drives me insane, and this is how it went.

JAMIE:
that really sucks, he doesn't sound like a very good guy for you
you deserve someone who oogles over you, my dear


GINNY:
I know I do. sad thing is, when it's just me and him, he does...and then you get him around other people and he's a shape shifter....and I'm the idiot hoping he'll change...I just hope that I can move on, and when he's an idiot, his life falls apart, and he's depressed, I just hope I'm strong enough to not take him back....that'll be the hard part

it's just hard to walk away from 7 yrs of happy times....yeah, there have been bad ones too, but I wouldn't trade them in anyday, because when it comes to having that one person on my side, and the 3 am cry fests, and someone to pick me up when I'm at my lows, and someone who lets me be myself, Ben has always been number one.....which sucks...

JAMIE:
well then this all sounds self inflicted girly... other people are capable of providing that stuff for you too...

You just need to be brave enough to give someone else a chance to prove it

...A very profound and true statement...

GINNY:
yeah, but I'm the idiot that doesn't let them...because I always had Ben...yeah, I guess I'm just scared to give someone else that chance, because I'm afraid of being let down or forgotten, it happens quite frequently for me actually

JAMIE:
Me too, lower your expectations

...I'm not sure if "lower your expectations" is the best way to put that, but I do plan on changing them...I have to put faith back into people in general, which is hard because I have been hurt SO many times, I'm almost to the point of not trying anymore.

Like my recent catastrophe with Rob....but that's another story...

No comments:

Music